Thursday, January 22, 2009

Chapter five, Escape

Narrator: The night is always darkest just before the dawn.

September 23rd, 2nd year of the 3rd Era of the Hyperiums Protectorate.
I had just made it thru another beating from those evil azzies. They don't question me, they don't even care if I'm concoise or not. But they do find it interesting that when they cut open the oozing wound were my arm used to be that I scream in agony and bloody starts to gush out. They do it again and again slicing into my arm, at one point I feel it hit bone and they try and saw thru it. It didn't work but it hurt like hell, I screamed louder than I ever had before, and passed out.
I wake up the next morning, or what I assumed was morning. To find that there were 2 less of us in the cell. Now there were only five of us left. It sucks really. There is no way that I will survive this. I have lost way to much blood as it is. Hell I'm sitting here talking to myself when there are two other guys in the room.
"hey guys what are you guys from?"
Before they could answer I was slammed up against the wall from an enormous blast, I luckily my back was to the blast, as were two of the other five. So my back toke most of the heat and burns. I could feel my flesh peeling off that's when I lost it. I woke up and I could see the sun. The beautiful blue sky with the red and blue twin stars. I was lying on my back and then I felt the burns, I was completely naked, the explosion must have striped me of my clothes. There were two other guys lying beside me, one was alive but unconcise, the other had been killed from the blast. I don't know what happened to the other 3. I looked out over the crater were the row across from me had been, there was nothing. I crawled over to the side of the crater and looked down to see someone scrounging around.
"hey you mind giving me a little help up here?"
"yeah sure."
The stranger from the cell next to me scurried up the imabankment.
"whats your name pal?"
"my names neph, whats yours?"
"mines Seabs, we gotta get out here we have no clue whats happened and need to get to the dropships they were supposed to be leaving today, well if today is what day I think it is."
"Well let's get this guy up and we can leave."
"I kinda can't help you my knees have been shot."
"oh right you were the azzies favorite."
"oh that's just great, well what happened here?"
"near as I can tell a battalion was going to come in and rescue us but their explosives blew the azzie's genny."
"who in the hell puts the genny right next to the front gate?"
"obliviously the azzies do, now stop talking we have to get him up so we can move."
"well do we have any adrenaline? It will bring him out of that."
"I doubt we will find anything in that mess."
As we were argueing over what to do he woke up.
"ugh what the fuck happened."
"the genny got blown. Now get up we have to make the drop ships."
The two of them picked my crippled arse up and started to help me walk out of this hell hole."
"well whats your name soldier?"
"mines Seabs, his is neph. What about you?"
"its Speedy."
As they carried me to the last drop ship out in the middle of the biggest field on the hole planet. I noticed someone running down a hill towards us. I knew that goofy funny run anywhere. Mus.

No comments:

Post a Comment